Parent Warmline: 1-833-REACH-OR / 1-833-732-2467

How do you stay connected during the pandemic?

Home Forums Community Discussions How do you stay connected during the pandemic?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 days ago by AvatarOregonDad.
  • Author
    Participant

I’d like to know how others are staying connected, please share your ideas!

Some methods I use are:

Schedule a virtual coffee meeting with people you know. Platforms like Zoom and Google Hangouts are great for this.

Post a question on your social media platform. Ask simple things like where do people like to hike, or favorite movie, or color. It’s a great way to possibly learn something new about your friends.

Engage in group chats or texts. I like this idea because it can simulate the banter of a room full of people.

Send a letter or care package. You can drop something off on the porch or send it through the mail. I always enjoyed reading letters or getting a package from others.

Share recipes through email or social media. With eating out a lot less I find myself asking others what they are cooking so I don’t grow tired of the favorite dishes I already make.

Virtual lunch dates or family dinners. There’s nothing like having a chat while eating.

Use technology to read to someone or take turns reading to each other. I like this idea for little ones.

Seek out other people who share your interests on social media or the internet. THis is a great way to meet new people while social distancing is in effect.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join the Community

Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter, the very latest from Reach Out Oregon.

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Reach Out Oregon. Please complete the form below.

Volunteer Form

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for sharing information about a needed resource. Please complete the form below.

Request a Resource Form
Attachment
Maximum upload size: 5MB

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.