Parent Warmline: 1-833-REACH-OR / 1-833-732-2467

Planning for the holiday season

Home Forums Community Discussions Planning for the holiday season

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by firecracker_mamafirecracker_mama.
  • Author
    firecracker_mamafirecracker_mama
    Keymaster

How is everyone planning for the holidays? It is going to be so different this year and I know our young people will feel it too. What are some ideas to make it feel super meaningful?

Participant

So many things have changed about how we celebrate anything this year. It is strange to think about social distancing with family that I haven’t seen. It’s strange to think about traveling to family who live in out of state. I have had to seriously think and plan to see if this an option. Smaller gatherings give us more opportunity to have deeper conversation, to interact in a meaningful way, and to spend quality time with those we love. If we start off with that appreciation any celebration we come up with be truly meaningful. Traditions can be altered to fit this years new “normal”. Maybe sharing your turkey dinner means everyone takes a dish and you drop off your portion of the meal on people’s doorsteps and pick up whatever they prepared for your family. Then at a certain time, everyone meets online and you eat your meal together – having all the pieces prepared by everyone! Just a thought!

Participant

We usually celebrate Christmas Eve with extended family. This has always been super stressful for my kids and myself. I am actually looking forward to keeping it simple and hope the stress of Christmas Eve doesn’t carry over into Christmas Day, as it usually does. We are planning to color cookies, do a very small gift exchange, make a festive area to sit in the livingroom to gather, watch Christmas movies and snack on some goodies.

firecracker_mamafirecracker_mama
    Keymaster

clarityrose2, I LOVE that idea! Dropping off prepared dishes to each other is such a creative way to share the dishes we love making (and eating) most! Thanks for this idea!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join the Community

Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter, the very latest from Reach Out Oregon.

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Reach Out Oregon. Please complete the form below.

Volunteer Form

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for sharing information about a needed resource. Please complete the form below.

Request a Resource Form
Attachment
Maximum upload size: 5MB

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.