Emergency department guide: Helping our kids during a mental health crisis
Family members who have navigated emergency department crisis situations with their own children have created a new Oregon Health Authority guide to help other families develop self-advocacy skills in the health system. Family leaders share their insights here to empower parents and caregivers to:
• Express their views and concerns,
• Access information and services,
• Understand their patient rights and the rights of family and natural
• Learn the language used in the emergency department, and
• Explore choices for next steps.