Parent Warmline: 1-833-REACH-OR / 1-833-732-2467

Reply To: Vulnerable Moments from a Mama

Home Forums Community Discussions Vulnerable Moments from a Mama Reply To: Vulnerable Moments from a Mama

Modmom78
Participant

B sounds like an extraordinary girl. I have a few children like that. One is an adult, 22, and one is 15. The older one helped prepare me for the younger one. Number one thing I had to do was unlearn any ideas I had about raising humans. What I thought it would be like and who I thought they would be. This is not easy. From who I imagined they were as they grew in my belly to every step taken, word learned , and personality trait expressed. Not easy but so neccesary. I had to let them show me who they were and what they needed. Still do and still “unlearning” things. For each child I have to support them differently. At the end of each day , I know I want to show up supportive and with love. Many times, I have had to apologize and right wrongs that I have attributed to as well. But, one thing is for sure , parenting an exceptional child is not easy , but so very worth every moment.

Join the Community

Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter, the very latest from Reach Out Oregon.

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Reach Out Oregon. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Reach Out Oregon. Please complete the form below.

Volunteer Form

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.

Thanks for Reaching Out

Thank you for sharing information about a needed resource. Please complete the form below.

Request a Resource Form
Attachment
Maximum upload size: 5MB

By submitting this form you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to all Reach Out Oregon Terms of Use and Privacy Rights.